2/05/2014

Approaching Science like Art



On February 7, The Museum of Science and Industry in Tampa will be hosting the exclusive Florida premiere of Mythbusters: The Explosive Exposition. MOSI is also offering a once in a lifetime opportunity for fans to meet Kari Byron, star of MythBusters and Head Rush. This meet and greet will take place on February 6 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. 

Kari Byron graduated from San Francisco State University with a B.A. in film and sculpture. She began her career as a sculptor, and art is still an important aspect of her everyday life. Kari started her career in television through an internship at M5 with Jamie Hyneman. Due to her background in sculpting, Kari was able to combine art with science. “For me, having a background in art, I think, helped me immensely to become someone who really likes science because I started to approach it in a very MythBusters way,” says Kari.  “I really like just getting my hands dirty, and that’s the kind of science that I like to do, and I never realized how much I was going to like science until I started approaching it like art.”

Here at MOSI, we also understand the importance of art and science when educating children. Our exhibitions will challenge, excite and inspire children of all ages. To learn more about MOSI and the Mythbusters: The Explosive Exposition visit our website  or our facebook page. 

- Jordan Hicks (Marketing Intern, University of South Florida)


No comments:

Post a Comment